Warehouse Operations Lead
Creative Touch is a wholesale/manufacturer of fine handmade rugs. Our showroom/warehouse is located in Fairfield, NJ.
You will be responsible for the successful operations of our warehouse, managing warehouse staff and ensuring their safety, as well as ensuring a smooth-running supply chain from our vendors to our customers.
- Oversee daily operations of the warehouse
- Maintain warehouse and equipment to ensure a safe and clean workplace.
- Organize supplies, order as needed.
- Supervise warehouse staff, train new warehouse staff, set performance expectations.
- Allocate workload and set delivery schedules
- Manage inventory, forecasting needs and organizing efficiently for easy access
Shipping/Receiving, Logistics * Manage logistics from our vendors to our customers, supporting overseas freight, international and domestic fulfillment
- Maintain all files and shipping documentation, manifests, customs, etc.
- Monitor vendor work in process and shipping schedule.
- Provide shipment visibility and status, and ensure on-time delivery.
- Manage receiving process, conduct regular inventory counts and maintain accurate inventory records.
- Assist the Sales team will fulfillment logistics
- Coordinate all outbound shipments and deliveries, ensuring proper transport, packaging, and accuracy
Vendor relations * Manage the day-to-day operations with overseas and domestic vendors, resolving issues, and communicating with Sales team to ensure high quality customer service.
- Develop and maintain all vendor information to ensure accuracy
- Maintain strong relationships with vendors to ensure continued service delivery and satisfaction.
Customer Service * Serve as initial point of contact receiving customers
- Assist Sales team as needed to ensure excellent customer experience.
: $45K + health benefits
Work references required.
CREATIVE TOUCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND A DRUG FREE ENVIRONMENT.
- Minimum 3 years warehouse management experience, including inventory control and logistics.
- Minimum 2 years customer service experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- High School degree required.
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills. Ability to work smoothly with and communicate appropriately with staff, vendors, and customers.
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Suite, shipping/logistics web applications, etc., as well as ability to learn in-house software.
- Ability to read and interpret reports and documents.
- Clean driver’s license required.
- Ability to drive box truck/cargo van.
- No forklift/heavy equipment certification requirement
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year